“THIS WEEK IN THE NFL”
NFL WEEK 9 NFL WEEK 10
Both On One DVD!
(53 Minutes, Color)
Two back-to-back 1968 NFL “Week in Review” films are now together and in color on one 53-minute DVD from Rare Sportsfilms! Shown are all the highlights of Sunday, November 10 and November 17 of the 1968 season. Here are the games and some of the players you’ll see:
- Rams vs Falcons at Atlanta Stadium – In a week of close games throughout the league, the Falcons almost upset the Rams, Roman Gabriel vs Bob Berry. Tied 10-10 at the half, the teams battle into the 4th quarter when Gabriel’s TD pass to Jack Snow finally beats Falcons 17-10. Deacon Jones has great game as Rams raise season record to 9-1.
- Cardinals vs Steelers at new Busch Stadium – This one ends in a 28-28 tie, after Steelers build 21-0 lead at the half on TD’s by Dick Hoak, Roy Jefferson and Earl Gros. Two third quarter Jim Hart to Jim Williams TD passes get the Cards on the comeback trail, and later a TD bomb to Bobby Joe Conrad ties the score 21-21! Roy Jefferson then goes 52 yds with a Dick Shiner pass to score his second TD and put the Steelers in front again 28-21 at the end of the third quarter. Johnny Roland’s 4th quarter TD plunge ties game 28-28, as Cards are now 5-3-1!
- Giants vs Cowboys at the Cotton Bowl – A Fran Tarkenton to Joe Morrison TD pass, a long Tarkenton TD scramble and a Don Meredith to Bob Hayes TD pass are early highlights, as game is tied 21-21 after three quarters. Two 4th quarter Pete Gogolak FGs bring Giants upset victory over Cowboys, 27-21. It’s only second Cowboy loss all year!
- Redskins vs Eagles at Franklin Field – Each team scores only one TD all day on a muddy field, but Charlie Gogolak’s three FG’s bring Washington victory, despite absence of Sonny Jurgensen. Hapless Norm Snead-led Eagles have now lost their first nine games!
- Vikings vs Packers at Met Stadium – Fred Cox FG and two Bill Brown TDs give Vikes 17-0 lead over Packers. Donny Anderson TD is only Green Bay score as Minnesota beats Packers 17-7. Carl Eller has great game, on offense blocking for Brown’s second TD, blocking a Packer punt and blitzing Bart Starr into the ground throughout game. It’s first Viking win over Packers at the Met, and Vikes become first team in five years to beat Packers twice in one season!
- Bears vs 49’ers at Wrigley Field – The big story of the week is the tragic injury to Gale Sayers, as torn knee ligaments will now keep him out of action for the rest of the season. Ironically, the injury comes vs 49’ers in same venue and against the team he scored six TDs against in a game three years ago! Bob Wallace scores two TDs as rookie QB Virgil Carter and Bears win, 27-19.
- Colts vs Lions at Tiger Stadium – A Bill Munson to Billy Gambrell scoring pass is only Lion TD all day, as Colts continue winning with terrific pass rush! Preston Pearson’s two TDs and 160 total yards are all Baltimore needs to register 27-10 victory.
- Browns vs Saints at Municipal Stadium – Paul Warfield is having his best season since his rookie year! NFL leading rusher Leroy Kelly scores three TDs, helping Browns knock off Saints 35-17 in Cleveland.
- Browns vs Steelers at Pitt Stadium – Ernie Green scores two TDs on passes from QB Bill Nelsen, Leroy Kelly scores on a TD run and so does Charlie Harraway, as Browns outscore Pittsburgh 45-24. In second half, Frank Ryan throws TD pass to Paul Warfield for insurance, as Browns win 6th of their last 7 games!
- Falcons vs Bears at Wrigley Field – Bear injuries mount, as this week QB Virgil Carter is out for the season with ankle injury. Before being hurt, Carter’s TD run ties score 13-13, but Bob Berry’s bomb to Paul Flatley sets up winning margin for Atlanta on FG just before end of first half. Second half is scoreless, as Falcons beat Chicago 16-13, knocking Sayer-less Bears out of Central Division tie with Vikings.
- Rams vs 49’ers at Kezar Stadium – Ken Willard’s TD plunge on 49’ers first possession is matched by Gabriel to Truax TD pass and opposing FG’s have score tied 10-10 before 49’ers mount 20-10 lead by 4th quarter. Another Gabriel to Truax TD pass brings Rams closer at 20-17, but Los Angeles, out of time, must settle for game-tying FG at the finish! Tie drops Rams out of first place tie with Colts. 49’ers are now 4-5-1.
- Vikings vs Lions at Tiger Stadium – Two Wayne Walker FG’s vs one for Minnesota has Lions up 6-3 over Vikes at halftime. By third quarter, Joe Kapp finally completes first pass of the day and Jim Lindsey scores from five yards out to give Vikings 10-6 lead. Fred Cox’s second FG makes final score Vikings 13, Lions 6 on damp, dark day in Detroit.
- Cowboys vs Redskins at D.C. Stadium – Dallas leads 13-10 at halftime, but Redskins are leading 17-16 in third quarter when games changes abruptly. Cowboys score four unanswered TD’s in 13 minutes to wrap up 44-24 win and keep NFL Coastal Division lead.
- Colts vs Cardinals at Memorial Stadium – Cardinals have not been shut out in 91 games, but mighty Colts continue their drive to the NFL title with 27-0 domination over St. Louis. Bubba Smith, Ordell Braase and Billy Ray Smith make life miserable all day for Jim Hart, who throws 5 interceptions, including two each to Bob Boyd and Lenny Lyles! Jimmy Orr, Tom Matte, John Mackey, Willie Richardson and Earl Morrall are offensive stars for Baltimore.
To get your own DVD of this rare NFL footage, send $29.95 + $5.00 for S & H to: (Illinois residents must add $2.00 state sales tax)
"RARE SPORTSFILMS N"
1126 Tennyson Lane
Naperville, IL 60540