“THIS WEEK IN THE NFL”
NFL WEEK 13 NFL WEEK 14
Both On One DVD!
(54 Minutes, Color)
Two back-to-back 1968 NFL “Week in Review” films are now together and in color on one 54-minute DVD from Rare Sportsfilms! Shown are all the highlights of the final two weeks of the 1968 season. Here are the games and some of the players you’ll see:
- Saturday, Dec. 7 at Lambeau Field – The mighty Baltimore Colts clinch the Coastal Division Title in a tough defensive struggle with the proud but fading defending champion Green Bay Packers. League-leading passer Earl Morrall’s TD toss to Willie Richardson in the first quarter gives Baltimore an early lead and is the only touchdown scored all day! A Mike Mercer FG, also in the first quarter, furnishes Green Bay’s only points in the game. Meanwhile dependable Lou Michaels kicks three FG’s for the Colts! Packer QB Zeke Bradkowski, substituting for the injured Bart Starr at the end of the season, faces an impossible task against the Colt’s league-leading defense, which has allowed only 2 TD’s in their last seven games! Five Packer fumbles help seal Green Bay’s first losing season in 10 years!
- Sunday Dec. 8 at Yankee Stadium – Willis Crenshaw (162 yds rushing) has the best day of his career, scoring three TD’s and TE Jackie Smith scores another as the St. Louis Cardinals beat Fran Tarkenton and the Giants 28-21. In a game of big plays, the second longest scoring play of Joe Morrison’s career ties the game at 21-21, before Crenshaw scores his game-winning third touchdown! Ernie Koy and Homer Jones also score for Giants.
- Sunday Dec. 8 at D.C. Stadium, Washington – Young Cleveland TE Milt Morin has great day (6 catches for 133 yds) and the tough running of Charlie Harraway and Leroy Kelly (game tying 3rd qtr. TD), give Browns hard-fought 24-21 win over Sonny Jurgensen’s Redskins. A Bill Nelsen to Paul Warfield TD bomb sets new Browns season yards receiving record by Warfield!
- Sunday Dec. 8 at Kezar Stadium – League-leading pass receiver Clifton McNeill is held to 32 yds receiving by Vikings, but tosses 3rd qtr. 43-yd TD pass to Bill Tucker for 49’ers! However it’s not enough, as Vikings Charlie West (82-yd KO Return), Bill Brown, Joe Kapp and company combine to beat San Francisco 30-20.
- Sunday Dec. 8 at The Coliseum – Visiting Chicago Bears beat heavily favored Rams 17-16 in one of the season’s biggest upsets! With the Bears leading 3-0, Willie Ellison’s TD puts Rams in front 7-3. Recently signed Clarence Childs, substituting for the injured Gale Sayers, runs back kickoff to the Rams two, then Brian Piccolo scores to put bears back on top. Later a Dick Butkus interception sets up a Jack Concannon TD run and Bears lead, 17-7. Following a safety, Rams score final TD on a run by QB Roman Gabriel to bring them within a point, 17-16. A costly holding penalty on the Rams final drive takes them out of FG range and Gabriel’s final TD bomb attempt is incomplete, putting the Bears in the drivers seat in the Central Division going into the season’s final game vs Packers at Wrigley Field!
- Saturday December 14 at Busch Stadium – Two Jim Hart to Bobby Joe Conrad TD passes and a 37-yd end around run by TE Jackie Smith account for three touchdowns which beat the Browns 27-13. Don Cockroft kicks 3 FG’s but Leroy Kelly’s third quarter game-tying run is the only Cleveland TD of the day, as stingy St. Louis defense helps Cards beat Browns for the second time this year! Also in action are Paul Warfield, Bill Nelsen, Charlie Harraway, Willis Crenshaw and rookie Chuck Latourette.
- Sunday December 15 at Yankee Stadium – Tough Dallas defense holds Giants to only a Fran Tarkenton to Aaron Thomas 55 yd-TD bomb and single FG. Meanwhile, Craig Morton and Bob Hayes combine on TD pass, Hayes scores on a 63-yd punt return and Morton and Walt Garrison each score on running plays, as Capitol Division Champion Cowboys swamp Giants 28-10. Others shown include Don Meredith, Pettis Norman, Mike Gaechter, Lance Rentzel, Willie Williams and Homer Jones.
- Sunday December 15 at the Coliseum – Outstanding Baltimore defense (two blocked FG attempts) helps Coastal Division Champion Colts beat tough Rams 28-24 and record great 13-1 season! Two Willie Ellison TD runs, a Roman Gabriel to Jack Snow TD pass and a Bruce Gossett FG give Colts good fight, but Mike Curtis’ 38-yd interception return, two TD catches by Preston Pearson and a Tom Matte TD are too much for Rams. Earl Morrall, Johnny Unitas, Willie Richardson, Myron Pottios and Dick Bass also all shown in action.
- Sunday December 15 at Wrigley Field – Boyd Dowler has great day with 6 catches for 182 yds and two TD’s, young Don Horn tosses scoring pass to Jim Grabowski, and Chuck Mercein’s TD give Packers comfortable 28-10 4th qtr. lead. But Bears storm back on Ronnie Bull’s TD run and Dick Gordon’s second TD pass reception of the day to narrow the gap to 28-27 after Mac Percival’s FG! Chicago is driving in the final minute, but Jack Concannon is intercepted by Ray Nitschke to seal heartbreaking season-ending loss for Bears.
- Sunday December 15 at Franklin Field – After Bear loss, Vikings can now win their first division title ever by beating Eagles! Norn Snead to Gary Ballman and Snead to Fred Hill scoring passes are the only TD’s for Eagles all day. Carl Eller, Alan Page-led defense plus Joe Kapp-Bill Brown offense (57-yd TD bomb) and Kapp to Gene Washington 30-yd TD pass help Vikings clinch Central Division Title with memorable 24-17 victory! Joe Kapp scores winning TD himself with block from Bill Brown, as Vikings replace legendary Green Bay Packers as Central Division Champions! Dave Osborn, Adrian Young, Tom Woodeschik, Tim Brown and Alvin Haymond also shown in action!
To get your own DVD of this rare NFL footage, send $29.95 plus $4.00 shipping and handling to:
(Illinois residents must add $2.00 state sales tax)
“RARE SPORTSFILMS FL”
1126 Tennyson Lane
Naperville, IL 60540