"THIS WEEK IN THE NFL"
All 8 Games of Sunday, December 3 (Week 12)
All four games in each Conference (December 3, 1967) are now together and in color on this new 51-minute DVD from Rare Sportsfilms! Here are the games, results, and some of the players you'll see:
- Cleveland Stadium - Browns vs Giants - Leroy Kelly totals 94 yards and his TD puts Browns in front 10-0 by end of first quarter. Jim Houston has great day, blocking a Pete Gogolak FG attempt and later taking a Tarkenton interception back 75 yards for a touchdown and a Browns 24-7 third quarter lead! A Joe Morrison TD run and Aaron Thomas 7-yd TD pass reception account for only NY points as Browns win, 24-14.
- Busch Stadium - Cardinals vs Saints - Only TD of entire first half is 54-yd run by Johnny Roland. Obert Logan and John Douglas each intercept Jim Hart in 1st-half two-team 7-6 defensive struggle. Jackie Smith has two TD receptions and Prentice Gautt a 19-yd TD run in 2nd half to keep Cards ahead for rest of game. Dan Abramowicz and Charley Brown score 2nd half TD's in 31-20 loss for first-year baby Saints.
- Tiger Stadium - Steelers vs Lions - Surprisingly, Steelers lead at halftime 21-0, on two John Shy rushing TD's and a 66-yd TD pass from Kent Nix to J.R. Wilburn. A Mike Clark FG adds three more Pittsburgh points, but Lions can muster only two TD's in 2nd half - a pass from Milt Plum to Mel Farr (3rd period) and a final quarter TD run by Tom Nowatzke, as Steelers notch upset road win, 24-14.
- D.C. Stadium - Redskins vs Eagles - This 70-point game scoring starts with a Norm Snead to Gary Ballman TD pass. Early 2nd qtr. Sonny Jurgensen throws TD pass to Charley Taylor to tie game 7-7, then puts 'Skins in front 14-7 just before the half with TD strike to Jerry Smith. However there's still time for Snead to connect on catch and long run by Ben Hawkins to tie game at halftime 14-14! Tom Woodeshick is star of the third qtr. with two TD's, and another 60-yard catch and run by Hawkins now gives the Eagles a nice 3-touchdown lead, late third quarter. But then Sonny and Redskins go back to work. Jurgensen TD passes to Bobby Mitchell, to Smith (again) and then a short TD run by rookie Pete Larson forces Eagles into a 35-35 tie!
- Metropolitan Stadium - Packers vs Vikings - Don Chandler kicks 3 FG's, the last one the game-winner with just 8 seconds left, as the Western Conference Champion Packers defeat Minnesota in this game, 30-27. Dave Osborn has great day for Vikings however, rushing for 155 yds and scoring first TD of the game giving Vikes 10-3, 2nd qtr. lead. A Bart Starr to Boyd Dowler TD pass ties game at 10-10 and Chandler's 2nd FG has Pack ahead at halftime, 13-10. Joe Kapp's TD pass to John Beasley puts Minnesota in front 17-13, but not for long, as a Starr to Carroll Dale TD pass puts Pack back in front, 20-17, and Ben Wilson's 1-yd TD plunge makes it 27-17 Green Bay by the end of the third period. In the 4th qtr., the Vikings pull closer, as a Kapp to Red Phillips TD pass makes it 27-14, and later Fred Cox's 2nd FG ties the game at 27-27!
- The Coliseum - Rams vs Falcons - A Wayne Traynham FG gives last-place Falcons an early 3-0 lead, but this only avoids a shutout, as Rams scores the rest of the points in this 20-3 game. Bruce Gossett's 2 FG's are sandwiched around the Rams' two TD's, a Roman Gabriel to Jack Snow 2nd qtr. pass and later a 3rd qtr. score, Gabriel to Bernie Casey.
- Kezar Stadium - Bears vs 49'ers - Gayle Sayers takes Tommy Davis' opening KO 97 yards for a TD, scores 2 more, and runs back 4 kicks for 203 yards in this game! In addition, Dick Gordon catches 7 passes for 105 yards and scores another TD himself, as Bears beat 49'ers 28-14 for their 4th win in the last 5 games (they would not lose again under head coach George Halas). The 49'ers score on a 63-yd TD pass from John Brodie to Dick Witcher and on a 4th quarter 7-yard TD run by Gary Lewis.
- Memorial Stadium - Colts vs Cowboys - Colts take a 10-0 second qtr. lead on a John Unitas pass to Raymond Berry, but Don Meredith answers with a TD pass to Bob Hayes. Dave Edwards' interception for a TD later gives Dallas the lead 14-10 by halftime. In the 3rd qtr., a Danny Villanueva FG adds to the Dallas advantage, 17-10. Lou Michaels' second FG of the game, a 53-yarder, cuts the Dallas lead to 17-13 and his 3rd in the 4th qtr. brings Baltimore to within a single point at 17-16! Baltimore wins the game when Lenny Moore follows Jerry Hill's block into the end zone for a 23-17 Colts victory!
To get your own DVD of this rare NFL footage, send $29.95 + $4.00 for S & H to: (Illinois residents must add $2.30 state sales tax).
"RARE SPORTSFILMS NET"
1126 Tennyson Lane
Naperville, Illinois 60540