"THIS WEEK IN THE NFL"
All 8 Games of Thanksgiving Weekend (Week 11)
All four games in each Conference (November 23-27) are now together and in color on this new 51-minute DVD from Rare Sportsfilms! Here are the games, the results and some of the players you'll see:
- Pitt Stadium - Vikings vs Steelers - Onside kicks, dropped punts and freak interceptions were all part of one of the wackiest games of the year. The Steelers score first on a fake punt and pass from holder Dick Hoak to Chet Anderson, however Vikings lead 17-13 at halftime. Bill Nelsen's 11-yd TD pass to Roy Jefferson puts Pittsburgh back on top in the third period, but game turns in 4th quarter on Karl Kassulke's blocked punt for a TD. The Joe Kapp-led Vikings go on to score 21 points in two minutes to win going away, 41-27.
- The Cotton Bowl - Cowboys vs Cardinals - A Jim Hart to Jackie Smith TD pass puts Cards on top just seconds into the game, but Dallas ties game 7-7 on TD plunge by Don Perkins. A 69-yd punt return by Bob Hayes puts Cowboys in front, 14-7. After a Dallas FG, a Don Meredith to Bob Hayes 60-yd TD pass builds Dallas lead to 23-14 at intermission. With Dallas leading 30-14 in the third qtr, Hayes scores his third TD of the game, as Cowboys begin to pull away, 37-14. St. Louis scores another TD, but too many Redbird mistakes and too much Bob Hayes spells doom for Cards in 46-21 Cowboy win!
- Yankee Stadium - Giants vs Eagles - Two Fran Tarkenton to Homer Jones TD passes and a FG give Giants 17-0 first quarter lead. With the Giants leading 24-0, Timmy Brown's second period 15-yd TD run is the only Eagle score of the day, but the Giants keep pouring it on, leading 34-7 at halftime. Pete Gogolak's 3rd FG of the day and backup QB Earl Morrall's TD pass in second half brings final score to 44-7 over hapless Eagles.
- Municipal Stadium - Browns vs Redskins - Rookie Carl Ward's 104-yd kickoff return gets Browns off and running to big first half 28-0 lead before Redskins get going with two Sonny Jurgensen to Charley Taylor TD's and FG, making the halftime score 28-17. Leroy Kelly scores his second TD early third quarter making the score 35-17, and after Jerry Allen's TD plunge for Washington, he scores his third TD of the day for final Browns points, 42-24. Bobby Mitchell and A.D. Whitfield score two more TD's for Washington, but Browns hang on for 42-37 win over Redskins.
Best of the Week - Kassulke blocked punt vs Steelers and Leroy Kelly's 163-yd day vs Washington. Kelly becomes first 1,000-yd rusher of the NFL season!
- Wrigley Field - Packers vs Bears - Bart Starr's passing (11 for 17) and excellent Packer defense combine to beat Bears 17-13 and clinch Central Division for '67. Dave Robinson's interception at the Bear 30 early in the first quarter leads to the first Packer score when Starr's 11-yd pass hits Boyd Dowler in the end zone. Later in the quarter a 43-yd touchdown run by Gale Sayers ties the score at 7-7. But not for long! Travis Williams runs back the Bear kickoff 70 yards to the Bear 25. On the first play of the second quarter, Donny Anderson scores the go-ahead TD and the Packers are ahead to stay 14-7. After Mac Percival's FG the score is 14-10 at halftime. The teams trade FG's in the second half, and the Packers win 17-13.
- Tiger Stadium - Rams vs Lions - The Lions score first on a 5-yd run by Tom Nowatzke, but the 7 points are all Detroit will get. A Roman Gabriel to Jack Snow TD bomb and a Les Josephson sweep have the Rams leading 14-7 at the half. In the 4th quarter, a TD pass from Gabriel to Billy Truax brings the score to 21-7. Bruce Gossett's FG and another TD by Josephson make the final score 31-7 Rams.
- Tulane Stadium - Saints vs Falcons - This is the first ever meeting of the southern rivals, and the 1-year old Falcons take the lead on Junior Coffey's second quarter TD run, 7-3. A HB option pass from Perry Lee Dunn to Tommy McDonald and a Randy Johnson to Billy Martin 5-yd TD pass extends the score to 21-3. A 5-yd TD pass from Gary Quozzo to Kent Kramer makes the score 21-10 at the half. A Randy Schultz 22-yd run and FG bring the Saints closer at 21-20! The Falcons score on a Wade Traynham FG extending the Falcons lead, 24-20. There are only 4 minutes left when the Saints Billy Kilmer starts New Orleans' Final drive. The Saints rally and with only 54 seconds left, Kilmer climaxes a 98-yard drive by tossing the winning TD pass to Kent Kramer for a 27-24 victory!
- The Coliseum - Colts vs 49'ers - Heisman rookie Steve Spurrier starts for San Francisco. Tommy Davis' FG gives 49'ers the lead at the end of the first quarter 3-0 and they are still ahead of the favored Colts 6-3 at halftime. Lenny Liles' second interception leads to a 10-6 Colts advantage and a 13-yd FG boosts the score to 13-6 Colts. It's 20-6 after Tony Lorick's TD plunge and in the final period both team kick FG's. Lou Michaels' 49-yarder is his 4th of the day and ends the scoring at 26-9 Colts.
Best of the Week - Packer defense holds Bears to only a touchdown at Wrigley Field and Starr to Dowler passing combo helps Pack clinch Central Division!
To get your own DVD of this rare NFL footage, send $29.95 + $4.00 for S & H to:
(Illinois residents must add $2.25 state sales tax)
"RARE SPORTSFILMS NET"
1126 Tennyson Lane
Naperville, Illinois 60540