Yankee fans! Pirate fans! The historic highlights of all seven games of the 1960 World Series are now available on a beautiful full-color 43-minute video from "RARE SPORTSFILMS"!
Actual game-action highlights of all the big plays of every game of the series are included, all narrated by the late Bob Prince, well-loved Pirate broadcaster for decades. You may have seen some footage of this series on TV highlight shows in the past, but with poor, reddish-brown color. Now with the help of the most modern electronic equipment, you can see it again in beautiful natural COLOR! Every scene in the film (numbering in the hundreds) has been individually color corrected digitally to bring back the color and picture sharpness of the original Eastmancolor print! You'll see great shots of both ballparks colorfully decked out in World Series bunting, closeups of the players, homers by Yogi Berra, Bill Skowron, Elston Howard, Bobby Richardson, Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris, Rocky Nelson, Hal Smith and of course, Bill Mazeroski. See the ivy-covered walls of old Forbes Field with vines turning brown in the autumn sun, home run balls sailing over the brick wall in slow motion and into the trees of Schenley Park! All this in the dramatic, exciting setting of one of the most memorable and historic World Series ever played!
* Game 1 at Forbes Field - 20-game winner Vern Law, with relief help from Elroy Face grabs the first game 6-4. Roger Maris' first W.S. homer puts Yanks ahead 1-0 in first inning, but Bucs bounce back, and Billy Virdon's great catch saves game.
* Game 2 at Forbes Field - On an overcast day, Yankees break loose and crush Bob Friend and Pittsburgh, 16-3. Mickey Mantle slams two titanic homers in the rout, which ties the series at a game apiece.
* Game 3 at Yankee Stadium - Bobby Richardson's grand slam off reliever Clem LaBine caps 6-run Yankee first inning, as New York again drubs the Pirates 10-0. Mantle smashes long homer into the visiting bullpen.
* Game 4 at Yankee Stadium - Pirates even the series behind Law and Face, squeaking out a 3-2 win over Ralph Terry. Law's double is the key hit of the game.
* Game 5 at Yankee Stadium - El Roy Face again saves the day, this time for Harvey Haddix, as Pirates prevail 5-2 despite another homer by Roger Maris.
* Game 6 at Forbes Field - Back at Forbes Field, Whitey Ford tosses shutout and Yankee bats bomb Bucs 12-0 in another unbelievable rout. Richardson's 12 series RBI's already sets a new W.S. record with one more game still left to go!
* Game 7 at Forbes Field - In one of the most dramatic games in all of baseball history, Pirates win see-saw thriller on Mazeroski's home run in the last of the ninth inning 10-9! Fourteen of the runs are scored in the 6th inning or later, and 8 in the last two innings!
You can get your own copy of this nostalgic and historic video, now in beautiful COLOR for only $29.95 + $5.00 for shipping and handling (Illinois residents must add $2.00 sales tax) to:
"RARE SPORTSFILMS N",
1126 Tennyson Lane,
Naperville, IL 60540