"SEE THE PROS"
(Week 4 and Week 5)
Now on DVD "See The Pros" was a 1958 NFL football show made for television, which first aired in time for Week 2 of the 1958 NFL season. Hosted by former football great Glenn Davis, the show gives a preview of the upcoming NFL games of the week, players to watch for, and a special interview with a player on the field and in uniform. The show is sponsored by Dupont and even contains the original Zerex antifreeze TV commercials. In addition, "Miss Antifreeze" (Dodie Marshall) was originally a part of the show, which also features a special "Mystery Guest"! Here are weeks 4 and 5 of the show, along with a description of the contents:
- Colts at Detroit - First a look at the Layne-Morrall trade. Then Kyle Rote, Hopalong Cassady, Lou
Creekmur, Johnny Unitas, Lenny Moore and Raymond Berry, all in the recent Colts-Lions game.
- Mystery Guest - Quarterback Eddie LeBaron of the Washington Redskins.
- Packers at Washington - LeBaron, Dick James, Don Bossler, Johnny Carson, all shown vs Eagles.
Then Babe Parilli, Bart Starr, Billy Howton, Don McElhenny, Max McGee and Paul Hornung all shown
- Steelers at Cleveland - Milt Plum, Jimmy Brown, Junior Wren, rookie Bobby Mitchell, Lou Groza shown
vs Rams. Then Jack Butler, Tank Younger shown for Steelers in recent 49'er game.
- Rams at Chicago - Ed Brown, Harlan Hill, J.C. Caroline, Willie Galimore shown vs Packers. Billy
Wade, Tom Wilson, Del Shofner, and Jon Arnett shown playing Cleveland Browns.
- Interview with this week's Special Guest, offensive end Billy Wilson of the San Francisco 49'ers.
- 49'ers at Philadelphia - John Brodie, Hugh McElhenny, Bill Stits, Fred Dugan and R.C. Owens shown
vs Steelers. Then, Norm Van Brocklin, Bobby Walston shown vs Redskins. 49'ers "Play of The
- Cardinals at New York - Ollie Matson, M.C. Reynolds, rookie John David Crow, Charlie Conerly, Frank
Gifford and Alex Webster all shown in last year's Chicago-Giants game at Yankee Stadium.
- This week, Dodie Marshall is replaced by a new Miss Antifreeze, Yvonne Lime (later Yvonne Lime
Fedderson), an upcoming Hollywood actress who had recently appeared in "Loving You" with Elvis
- Bears at San Francisco - Brodie, Clyde Conner, Jim Pace, Y.A. Tittle, and Joe Perry shown vs Rams. Then, Willie Galimore, Ed Brown and Johnny Morris shown vs Colts. Bears "Play of The Week".
- Mystery Guest - Bobby Dillon, defensive back of the Green Bay Packers with wife Ann & kids.
- Eagles at Green Bay - Dillon, Starr, McGee, Howie Ferguson and Paul Hornung shown vs Bears. Then Van Brocklin, Bob Hudson, Pete Retzlaff and Billy Barnes shown playing N.Y. Giants.
- Browns at Chicago - Jim Brown, Milt Plum and Leroy Bolden shown vs Steelers. Then, Ollie Matson,
Lamar McHan, John David Crow, Bobby Gordon and M.C. Reynolds shown vs both Browns & Giants.
- Interview with this week's Special Guest, quarterback Billy Wade of the Los Angeles Rams.
- Lions at Los Angeles - Wade and Del Shofner vs 49'ers. Then Kyle Rote and John Henry Johnson
shown playing Green Bay Packers.
- Steelers at New York - Tom Tracy, Joe Evans, Earl Morrall (his last game with the Steelers) and Ray
Mathews - Then, Conerly, Gifford, Alex Webster, Kyle Rote and Jim Patton shown vs Eagles.
- Redskins at Baltimore - Ralph Guglielmi, Sam Baker and Dick Lynch vs Cardinals at Comiskey Park.
Then John Unitas, Lenny Moore and Lenny Lyles' 103-yd kickoff return vs Chicago Bears at Memorial
To get both of these rare films, now both on one 56-minute DVD, send $29.95 plus $4.00 S & H to:
(Illinois residents must add $2.25 state sales tax)
"RARE SPORTSFILMS NET"
1126 Tennyson Lane
Naperville, Illinois 60540